Amazing Homecare is well equipped to keep fully abreast of developments relating to the continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across the UK. We are routinely monitoring developments, reviewing our protocols, and preparing appropriate responses as the situation evolves. Amazing Homecare is committed to ensuring all steps are taken to protect the health and wellbeing of all our team and service users. Amazing Homecare continues to work closely with Health Authorities, London Borough of Bromley, UKHCA and Care Regulators in order to protect our team and service users and maintain service delivery. We are constantly keeping our Business Continuity Plans updated to best prepare us for the changing situation.
Advice during coronavirus
At the time of writing this notice the UK and Ireland are experiencing a period of sustained transmission of coronavirus. This means that cases of coronavirus are high.
However, as with any other virus, the best way to prevent infection and spread is to avoid being exposed to it. You can help to prevent the spread of any respiratory outbreak by doing the following:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
• Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin straight away, or sneeze into the bend of your elbow, then wash your hands.
• Avoid close contact with persons who have respiratory illness symptoms.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Cover your face by wearing a face covering in enclosed spaces
• Make space by staying at least 2 metres apart – or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions.
• If you have coronavirus symptoms, stay at home (unless you are attending a test site) and book Free NHS Coronavirus test to check if you have coronavirus.
• If you are asked to self-isolate please follow the advice from the test and trace service.
If a member of staff has a positive confirmed diagnosis of coronavirus the Amazing Homecare office will prepare a list of all service users and staff the affected person has been in contact with for at least the previous 48 hours. We will fully co-operate with local test and trace services and contact service users or their representatives where this is appropriate.
Amazing Homecare support during coronavirus
At Amazing Homecare we will continue to provide the highest level of care and support as our service users expect. We follow government guidance to ensure we protect our service users and our staff. There are a number of measures we have taken to ensure we protect our service users, our staff and members of the public including (but not limited to):
• Amazing Homecare Offices have a COVID-19 office risk assessment in place in accordance with government and HSE guidance.
• Our carers wear Personal Protective Equipment in accordance with government guidance. In England the guidance followed is Personal protective equipment (PPE) – resource for care workers delivering homecare (domiciliary care) during sustained COVID-19 transmission in the UK.
• Amazing Homecare have access to a central COVID-19 toolkit. This is a hub of resources that ensures our offices remain up to date with and follow current guidance.
• Amazing Homecare have a Business Continuity Plan in place which includes COVID-19 specific measures where disruption could occur.